The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers is “to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.”
The National Society of Black Engineers strives to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black Engineers
Innovative project ideas are generated and implemented throughout the year on the chapter, regional and national levels. Some of NSBE’s present activities include tutorial programs, group study sessions, high school/junior high outreach programs, technical seminars and workshops, a national communications network (NSBENET), two national magazines (NSBE Magazine and NSBE Bridge), an internal newsletter, a professional newsletter (Career Engineer, a supplement in NSBE Magazine), resume books, career fairs, awards, banquets and an annual national convention.
How Do We Fit in NSBE Nationally?
UK NSBE is apart of a larger regional structure, Region III, that contains:
- AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, TN, Caribbean, South America
Visit the Region III Website for more info!